09/07/2009

ketchup #2...

last Sunday Arild and I saw the Radical Nature exhibition at the Barbican. maybe another £8 poorly spent, but there was a couple of nice parts... one being the wooden hut in the courtyard with free pink tea, another being the projects by Agnes Denes...



read more about her here

Arild brought Tinariwen to my attention, and as it turned out i had already downloaded the new album 'Aman Iman' (the result of last.fm spying) and their first is on spotify. it's what i am mostly listening to this week... Tinariwen's website tagline is this...'Legendary poet guitarists and soul rebels from the southern Sahara desert.' ...yeah! i managed to bypass the youtube photographic montage videos for this...



Arild is one of my oldest and most loved friends. though we rarely get to meet these days, i can confidently say he is the most constant and influential person in my life. i'm happy that the sunshine held out until he left for Morrocco...

on Monday the storm clouds descended. i nearly missed seing Why? because of the river flowing down my road. in the end i did make it, albeit late (headline band on before 9? what?) i just about managed to force my way into the crowd enough to be able to see all components of Why?'s heads (standing on tiptoes and utilising my contortionist skills)... naturally i ended up with the speakers at my left and a group of rude, obnoxious teenage boys to my right (including the spawn of Zeegen)... i'm not usually a violent person but... anyway... it WAS a good show. and I got to hang out with Ridda (a.k.a. clarelevitt.com) after too. she's pretty good...



*BONUS* Yoni Wolf interview by the awesome Dan Hancox

No comments:

Post a Comment