21/06/2009

thank you Lewis...

last week Lewis told me he was going to see some guy called Austin Lucas play this weekend... I'd never heard of him but did some investigating (see below) and discovered that Mr. Lucas and also Mike Hale seemed more than worthy of 6.5 of my english pounds... so, this is where I would fail to give a suitable account of the show, but in short it turned out to be one of the most amazing and heartfelt performances and beat any expectations by far. the evening culminated with Austin Lucas playing fully acoustic and fully in my face. thank you Austin, Mike, Josh, Chris and the fiddle guy (who's name I forget) - you seem the nicest, most gracious, whisky-swigging, country men a girl could wish to spend a few hours with on a Saturday evening. thank you Miles for coming down too. and thanks again Mr. Collins :)

investigate...
myspace.com/austinlucas1
myspace.com/mikehalemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment